Stepping Stones to Anger Management
(Developed by Jason Yoder)
- Admit that anger is a normal human emotion and that you can and do experience anger
- Determine with whom you are angry: a) another person(s), b) yourself, c) God, d) the world
- Sort out the issues at work in the situation – Is your anger righteous, self-centered, or some combination? Even if your emotion of anger is justified, what actions of anger are appropriate?
- Deal with the anger appropriately (Ephesians 4:26-27)
- Remember who you are and whose you are (Psalm 37:8, 39-40; Romans 12:19, 21)
- Thank God for what he is doing to form Christ in you (Galatians 4:19)