The book of Acts lays a critical foundation for the work of missions.
1) The Reason for Missions: Jesus commanded his followers to spread the Gospel. We have a message which the world needs to hear.
2) The Power for Missions: The Holy Spirit has been given to the church. God has given us everything we need to accomplish the task – we have no excuses.
3) The Catalyst for Missions: A commitment to prayerfully following the leading of the Holy Spirit is essential.
4) The Enemies of Missions: The spread of the Gospel was opposed by the Jewish religious leaders and by pagans.
5) The Universality of Missions: The Gospel is for both Jews and Gentiles (non-Jews. There are no boundaries of any kind.